Numerous geospatial datasets and other digital data for the Francis Marion and Sumter National Forests are available through the FSGeodata Clearinghouse.
Additional geospatial datasets for the Francis Marion and Sumter National Forests are available for download from this page. A link to the metadata is provided for each dataset. All data are in ESRI file geodatabase format and compressed into Winzip self-extracting Zip files.
Spatial Reference Information:
Projection: Universal Transverse Mercator
Zone: 17 North
Datum: NAD 1983
Spheroid: GRS 1980
Instructions for downloading and viewing GIS data:
1. Click on the GIS layer file link and click "OK" to agree to the disclaimer.
2. Save the Winzip self-extracting Zip file (.EXE) to the desired location on your hard drive.
3. Double-click on the saved file and follow the on-screen instructions to extract the contents.
4. To view the GIS data, use the freeware ArcGIS Explorer (http://www.esri.com/software/arcgis/explorer/index.html) or other software that can read the ESRI file geodatabase format.
Forest stands and compartments on the Francis Marion and Sumter National Forests
Alerts & Warnings
- Halfway Creek Trail closure
- Swamp Fox Passage trail closure
- Bridge closure on FS road 305 on Enoree Ranger District
- New digital payment options and online reservations at Enoree recreation sites
- COVID-19: Francis Marion, Sumter National Forests Offer Virtual Services
- Youth fishing event at Sewee Visitor Center June 11
- Please be aware of open well hazards on Sumter National Forest