Event/Commercial Permits

General information on event/commerical permits. Permits may be required for certain special activities, such as large groups, educational activities, or film-making. In general, permits are necessary for any activity that requires the forest to be altered in any way.


Operating commercial dog walking or pet care services on National Forest System (NFS) land without a special use permit is a violation of 36 CFR 261.10(c), which prohibits the selling or offering for sale any merchandise or conducting any kind of work activity or service without authorization. Anyone found to be providing commercial dog walking services on National Forest System lands in violation of this federal regulation is subject to citation or mandatory court appearance. Fines for unauthorized commercial dog walking start at $500.