Event/Commercial Permits

Permits may be required for certain special activities, such as large groups (75 people or more), educational activities, or weddings. In general, permits are necessary for any activity that requires the forest to be altered in any way. Information about non-recreation special use permits is available from any Ranger District Office may contacted for more information about these special uses.

A Special Use Authorization is a permit that grants rights or privileges of occupancy and use subject to specified terms and conditions on National Forest land. These permits cover activities, such as construction of roads, power and water lines, research, mineral and timber processing, oil and gas wells, pipelines, holding tanks, etc. Please contact any Ranger District Office for information about any special use permits.