Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) Number is 10.674
CFDA Title is Wood Utilization Assistance
October 24, 2018 Issuance of Request for Proposals
February 25, 2019 New proposal submission deadline – please note that there will be no additional extensions. All proposals must be submitted to your Regional Coordinator by 5:00 pm local time on Feb 25th, even if the government is closed.
May 1, 2019 Approximate date for the U.S. Forest Service to notify applicants of results
August 1, 2019 Approximate date of award
Synopsis of Funding Opportunity:
The U.S. Forest Service requests proposals to substantially expand and accelerate wood energy and wood products markets throughout the United States to support forest management needs on National Forest System and other forest lands.
This Request for Proposals focuses on the following priorities to:
• Reduce hazardous fuels and improve forest health on National Forest System and other forest lands.
• Reduce costs of forest management on all land types.
• Promote economic and environmental health of communities.
The intent of the Wood Innovations Funding Opportunity is to stimulate, expand, and support wood products markets and wood energy markets.
Projects can include, but are not limited to:
1. Completing requirements, such as engineering designs, cost analyses, and permitting necessary in: the final stages of commercial construction projects that use wood as a primary building material; and later stages of wood energy project development to secure financing. Early phase project development proposals will not be competitive.
2. Developing manufacturing capacity and markets for wood products that support forest ecosystem restoration.
3. Showcasing quantifiable environmental and economic benefits of using wood as a green building material in an actual commercial building and the projected benefits achieved if replicated across the United States based on commercial construction market trends.
4. Establishing statewide wood utilization teams and statewide wood energy teams. Only proposals from States without an existing (or former) team will be considered. Current teams are found on this map.
5. Developing a cluster of wood energy projects in a geographic area or specific sector (e.g., prisons, hospitals, universities, manufacturing sector, or industrial sector).
2018 Wood Innovations Funding Opportunity Successful Applicants:
2017 Wood Innovations Funding Opportunity Successful Applicants:
2016 Wood Innovations Funding Opportunity Successful Applicants:
2015 Wood Innovations Funding Opportunity Successful Applicants: