Landscape Scale Restoration (LSR) competitive grants help State forestry agencies meet the priorities of their Forest Action Plans, while also helping the Forest Service meet regional and national needs. Organizations interested in helping States and the Forest Service attain our mutual goals can familiarize themselves with their State Forest Action Plan(s) and discuss project ideas with their State forestry agency. Coordination with State Foresters is the essential step that ensures projects will make an important, local difference. The LSR request for proposals comes out once per year.
FY 2019 Landscape Scale Restoration Request for Applications
The Forest Service is now requesting applications for LSR grants for Fiscal Year 2019. All applications for this funding opportunity are being submitted through Grants.gov. Search for grant Opportunity Number USDA-FS-2019-LSR.
Partners and collaborators must submit an initial draft of their Grants.gov application to involved State Foresters by September 14, 2018.
All State Forester Sponsor letters were due by COB October 12, 2018, which was the application deadline.
Application evaluation criteria have changed slightly. Please review criteria closely to ensure your application addresses them adequately in the guidance document (first link below).
- FY 2019 Landscape Scale Restoration Request for Applications with Guidance and Instructions
- FY 2019 Landscape Scale Restoration Request for Applications Supplemental Project Narrative Form
- FY 2019 Landscape Scale Restoration Project Application Supplement 1 – Partner Budget Table
- FY 2019 Landscape Scale Restoration Project Application Supplement 2 – List of Additional Partners
- Cooperative Lands Form FS-3400-2 for Forest Health Treatment Proposals
- National Fire Plan Operations and Reporting System (NFPORS) Form
- State Forester Sponsor Letter Template
- State Forester Endorsement Letter Template
- Project Narrative Form
Proposal Reference Information
- FY 2018 Landscape Scale Restoration Proposals, Reviewers’ Comments
- FY 2018 Landscape Scale Restoration RFP Funded Proposals
- FY 2018 Landscape Scale Restoration Proposals: Final Ranking
- FY 2017 Landscape Scale Restoration Proposals, Reviewers' Comments
- FY 2017 Landscape Scale Restoration RFP Funded Proposals
- FY 2017 Landscape Scale Restoration Request for Proposals: Final Ranking
- FY 2016 Landscape Scale Restoration Proposals, Reviewers' Comments
- FY 2016 Funded Projects
- FY 2016 Landscape Scale Restoration Proposals, Ranked
- FY 2015 Landscape Scale Restoration Proposals, Reviewers' Comments
- FY 2015 Funded Projects
- FY 2015 Landscape Scale Restoration Proposals, Ranked
- Landscape Scale Restoration / S&PF Redesign Proposal Library (Full text of all released competitive proposals / 2008-2018)
Resources for Proposal Development
- National Guidance
- National Landscape-scale Restoration Projects Search (current status reports)
- State Forest Action Plans
- National S&PF Priorities and Objectives, with proposed core performance measures and performance reporting options
- The Principal Laws Relating to USDA Forest Service State and Private Forestry Programs, particularly the sections related to the funding sources for this request for proposals (RFP)
- USDA Forest Service Program Justifications
- NA S&PF Strategic Plan Fiscal Years 2013-2018
- NA Summary of Matching Funds and Allowable costs
- Grant regulation provisions regarding eligible match sources and allowable costs (See Federal Regulations Title 2 Part 200.306 and Subpart E for Cost Principles)
- Landscape Scale Conservation in the Northeast and Midwest
FAQs and Info Toolbox
Visit the Northeastern Area Association of State Foresters for State contact information.
Questions for the Forest Service can go to our field representatives: