Wood Energy grants and agreements are projects focused on the sustainable use of woody biomass for energy purposes such as thermal heat or combined heat and power, with the ultimate goal of developing economical markets for hazardous fuels and forest materials generated from thinnings and other forest management activities. These projects focus on utilizing woody biomass generated from National Forest Service system lands and other forestlands. Example of projects include engineering services necessary for final design, cost analysis and permitting process for wood energy systems, establishment of statewide wood energy teams. Projects must use commercially proven wood energy systems to produce thermal, electrical, liquid, or gaseous energy.
Wood Energy grants emphasis includes:
- Promote projects that target and help remove economic and market barriers to using woody biomass for renewable energy.
- Assist projects that produce renewable energy from woody biomass while protecting the public interest.
- Reduce the public’s cost for forest restoration by increasing the value of biomass and other forest products generated from hazardous fuels reduction and forest health activities.
- Create incentives and/or encourage business investments that use woody biomass from our Nation’s forest lands for renewable energy projects.
Wood Energy grants are projects selected on a competitive basis. These projects can be explored from the Wood Energy funded projects searchable database.
To view prior Statewide Wood Energy Teams webcasts, see the links below:
- Statewide Wood Energy Team Webcast - January 24, 2018
- Statewide Wood Energy Team Webcast – July 26, 2017
- Statewide Wood Energy Team Webcast – January 25, 2017
- Statewide Wood Energy Team Webcast – July 27, 2016
- Statewide Wood Energy Team Webcast – April 27, 2016
- Statewide Wood Energy Team Webcast – January 27, 2016
- Statewide Wood Energy Team Webcast – November 4, 2015
- Statewide Wood Energy Teams Quarterly Webcast – July 29, 2015
- Statewide Wood Energy Teams Quarterly Webcast – April 22, 2015
- Statewide Wood Energy Teams Quarterly Webcast – October 29, 2014