2021 RFP process is open
Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) Number is 10.708
CFDA Title is Community Wood Energy and Wood Innovation Program
October 20, 2020 Issuance of Request for Proposals
February 3, 2021 Proposal submission deadline
May 2021 Approximate date for the U.S. Forest Service to notify applicants of results.
August 2021 Approximate date of award
Recording of November 10, 2020 Wood Innovations Pre-Application Webcast.
Synopsis of Funding Opportunity:
The U.S. Forest Service (Forest Service) requests proposals for projects to install a thermally led community wood energy system or build an innovative wood product facility. The grants awarded under this announcement are authorized by the Agriculture Improvement Act of 2018 (7 U.S. Code § 8113). The Forest Service solicits proposals for projects that will achieve the following:
- Expand thermally led community wood energy or innovative wood product opportunities
- Improve forest health; and
- Stimulate local economies.
This funding opportunity is intended for shovel ready projects that will not require additional funding or time to complete after the award period. Examples of eligible projects include, but are not limited to:
- Install a thermally led community wood energy system for heating, cooling, and/or electricity that replaces fossil fuels such as coal, oil, propane, or natural gas.
- Purchase and install manufacturing equipment at a mass timber production facility.
- Expand a sawmill to add higher value production lines that incorporate innovative technologies and cost cutting measures.
- Purchase and install equipment at a new facility to produce renewable natural gas or other biofuels from forest residues.
Instructions, Application, and FAQ's
2. Application (Word Version) Note: A minor revision was made to correct an error in the clarifying text on Line 3.E on page 1 of the Application. The revised final Application was posted on January 6, 2021 and should be used for the final proposal package submittal.
For questions about this program, please contact: Julie Tucker at email@example.com
2020 Community Wood Energy and Wood Innovations Recipients