FY 2020 Cohesive Fire Strategy Request for Applications
The Forest Service is now requesting applications for Cohesive Fire Strategy grants for Fiscal Year 2020. All applications for this funding opportunity are being submitted through Grants.gov. Search for grant Opportunity Number USDA-FS-2020-WRR-WR.
This request for applications is a significant way that the Eastern Region helps State Forestry Agencies achieve the wildfire risk reduction and wildfire response priorities of State Forest Action Plans.
All State Forester Sponsor letters are due to the applicant for uploading to Grants.gov before 5:00 pm ET on December 20, 2019, which is the application deadline.
Webinar: This year’s recording.
FY 2020 Request for Applications
- FY 2020 Eastern Region S&PF Cohesive Fire Strategy Request for Applications: Guidance
- FY 2020 Eastern Region S&PF Cohesive Fire Strategy Request for Applications: Narrative Form
- FY 2020 Eastern Region S&PF Cohesive Fire Strategy Request for Applications: Project Application Supplement 1 – List of Additional Partners
- National Fire Plan Operations and Reporting System (NFPORS) Form
- State Fire Assistance (SFA) Definitions and Business Rules
Proposal Reference Information
- FY 2019 Proposals Funded
- FY 2018 Proposals Ranked
- FY 2017 Wildfire Risk Reduction Request for Proposals Comments
- FY 2017 Proposals Ranked
- FY 2016 Wildfire Risk Reduction Request for Proposals Comments
- FY 2016 Projects Funded
- FY 2016 Proposals Ranked
- FY 2015 Wildfire Risk Reduction Request for Proposals Comments
- FY 2015 Projects Funded
- FY 2015 Proposals Ranked
- FY 2014 Competitive Allocation Request for Proposals Reviewer Comments: Hazard Mitigation
- FY 2014 Hazard Mitigation Proposals Ranked List
Resources for Proposal Development
- The National Cohesive Wildland Fire Management Strategy
- The National Cohesive Wildland Fire Management Strategy - Northeast Regional Action Plan
- State Forest Action Plans
- National S&PF Priorities and Objectives with proposed core performance measures and performance reporting options
- The Principal Laws Relating to USDA Forest Service State and Private Forestry Programs, particularly the sections related to the funding sources for this request for proposals (RFP)
USDA Forest Service Program Justifications
- NA S&PF Strategic Plan Fiscal Years 2013-2018
- NA Summary of Matching Funds and Allowable costs
- Part 200—Uniform Administrative Requirements, Cost Principles, and Audit Requirements for Federal Awards
National Association of State Foresters
Forest Service Eastern Region Cooperative Fire Specialists
- States Covered: PA, WV, OH, IN, IA, IL, MO, MN, WI, MI, Big Rivers Compact, Great Lakes Compact
Dennis Fiore, (414) 944-3932.
- States Covered: MA, VT, NH, CT, NY, RI, ME, NJ, DE, MD, Mid-Atlantic Compact, Northeast Compact
Robert Fitzhenry, (603) 953-3294.
NOTE: Fuels management projects adjacent to National Forests may be eligible for separate, additional
funding sources. Please consult with Brian Schaffler, Eastern Region, Fuels Program Manager, prior to
WRR/WR submission to ensure all funding opportunities are explored. Reach him at
firstname.lastname@example.org or (414) 297-3682.