- Data and R source code for "Fire severity and changing composition of forest understory plant communities"
Fornwalt, Paula J.;
Stevens, Jens T.;
Miller, Jesse E. D.
- Publication Year:
- How to Cite:
These data were collected using funding from the U.S. Government and can be used without additional permissions or fees. If you use these data in a publication, presentation, or other research product please use the following citation:
Fornwalt, Paula J.; Stevens, Jens T.; Miller, Jesse E. D. 2019. Data and R source code for "Fire severity and changing composition of forest understory plant communities". Fort Collins, CO: Forest Service Research Data Archive. https://doi.org/10.2737/RDS-2019-0031
- This data publication includes all data and R source code for "Fire severity and changing composition of forest understory plant communities" by Stevens et al. (2019). The data capture pre-fire (1996-1997) and post-fire (2003-2012) vascular understory plant community composition for 20 0.1-hectare (ha) plots in a 400-ha dry conifer forest site that burned with a range of fire severities in the 2002 Hayman Fire, Colorado, USA. The data also capture plot environmental characteristics and characteristics of the plant taxa in the communities. The R source code uses the data to examine how gradients of fire severity affected the presence of cool-mesic and warm-xeric taxa over the study period, defined here according to taxa biogeographic affinity of paleobotanical lineages.
- biota; environment; Ecology, Ecosystems, & Environment; Plant ecology; Fire; Fire ecology; biodiversity; biogeographic affinity; dry conifer forests; fire; Hayman Fire; thermophilization; understory; Joint Fire Science Program; JFSP; Colorado; Hayman Fire; Pike National Forest
- Related publications:
- Visit count : 187
Download count: 40
- Data Access:
- View metadata (HTML)
- View file index (HTML), which lists all files in this data publication and short description of their contents
- Download data publication (39 KB - compressed format, ZIP;
sha256: 550916044cd98f8b0574552d97e8ef630e65382f63a2b4a1aa66e83efb9607a8Checksum) which includes metadata, file index, data files, and any other supplemental files provided by the author
Need information about Using our Formats?