- Soil respiration and climate data from El Tallonal in Arecibo, Puerto Rico (2011-2014)
Gutiérrez del Arroyo, Omar;
Wood, Tana E.;
- Publication Year:
- How to Cite:
These data were collected using funding from the U.S. Government and can be used without additional permissions or fees. If you use these data in a publication, presentation, or other research product please use the following citation:
Gutiérrez del Arroyo, Omar; Wood, Tana E. 2020. Soil respiration and climate data from El Tallonal in Arecibo, Puerto Rico (2011-2014). Fort Collins, CO: Forest Service Research Data Archive. https://doi.org/10.2737/RDS-2020-0011
- This data publication contains hourly measurements of soil respiration and climatic variables in the air and soil collected from 2011 to 2014 in a private forest reserve ("El Tallonal") in Arecibo, Puerto Rico. We measured hourly soil respiration from March 2011 until April 2014 using a Li-Cor LI-8100 infrared gas analyzer, along with an 8150 multiplexer system connected to six automated chambers (Long-Term Chamber 8100-104, Li-Cor Biosciences, Lincoln NE, USA). From November 2012 until April 2014, we collected hourly data from six soil temperature sensors at 5 centimeter (cm) depth and six volumetric soil moisture sensors from 0 cm to 10 cm depth, each within 0.5 meter (m) distance of each soil respiration chamber (TMC-50HD; S-SMD-M005; Onset Computer Corporation, Bourne, MA, USA). Additionally, from January 2013 until April 2014, a 25-m scaffolding tower on-site was equipped with sensors measuring hourly canopy air temperature, relative humidity (RH), and photosynthetically active radiation (PAR) (S-THB-M002; S-LIA-M003; Onset Computer Corporation, Bourne, MA, USA). In summary, our observational dataset is comprised of approximately 3 years of hourly soil respiration data, as well as approximately concurrent one-year measurements of hourly soil and canopy climate data.
- soil respiration; soil temperature; soil moisture; tropical forests; biota; climatologyMeteorologyAtmosphere; Forest & Plant Health; Inventory, Monitoring, & Analysis; Puerto Rico; El Tallonal Forest Reserve; Arecibo
- Data Access:
- View metadata (HTML)
- View file index (HTML), which lists all files in this data publication and short description of their contents
- Download data publication (23.83 MB - compressed format, ZIP;
sha256: 826c0b5b6bf8f545607e494605466795953cf6f1c34660a9360b22ed8bd5d473Checksum) which includes metadata, file index, data files, and any other supplemental files provided by the author
Need information about Using our Formats?