Search Data Catalog
Browse by Subject
Research Data Archive
US Forest Service
Attn: Dave Rugg
1 Gifford Pinchot Drive
Madison, WI 53726–2366
- Carbon dioxide and ozone data from the Aspen FACE Experiment, 1998-2009, and Phase II Experiment, 2010
- Kubiske, Mark E. ; Foss, Anita R.
- Publication Year:
- How to Cite:
- These data were collected using funding from the U.S. Government and can be used without additional permissions or fees. If you use these data in a publication, presentation, or other research product please use the following citation:
Kubiske, Mark E.; Foss, Anita R. 2015. Carbon dioxide and ozone data from the Aspen FACE Experiment, 1998-2009, and Phase II Experiment, 2010. Fort Collins, CO: Forest Service Research Data Archive. https://doi.org/10.2737/RDS-2015-0001
- This data publication contains mean hourly gas measurements for 1998 to 2009, and 2010 for seasonal fumigation treatments as part of the Aspen FACE (Free-Air Carbon Dioxide Enrichment) and Phase II Experiment. These experiments were located on a research farm near Harshaw, Wisconsin (renamed the Rhinelander Experimental Forest in 2015) and consisted of twelve 30 meter diameter rings of aspen, birch and maple trees in which the concentrations of carbon dioxide (CO2) and tropospheric ozone (O3) were controlled. Because there was no confinement, there was no significant change in the natural, ambient environment other than elevating these trace gas concentrations.
- biota; environment; Climate change; Carbon; Ecology, Ecosystems, & Environment; Plant ecology; Forest & Plant Health; Air, soil, water pollution (environmental injury); Climate effects; aspen; birch; maple; tropospheric ozone; carbon dioxide; multiple species; plants; Harshaw Forestry Research Farm; Rhinelander Experimental Forest; Wisconsin
- Data Access:
- View metadata (HTML)
- View file index (HTML), which lists all files in this data publication and short description of their contents
- Download data publication (2.48 MB - compressed format, ZIP) which includes metadata, file index, data files, and any other supplemental files provided by the author
Need information about Using our Formats?