Search Data Catalog
Browse by Subject
Research Data Archive
US Forest Service
Attn: Dave Rugg
1 Gifford Pinchot Drive
Madison, WI 53726–2366
- Northern Forest Futures Database
- Miles, Patrick D. ; Wear, David N.
- Publication Year:
- How to Cite:
- These data were collected using funding from the U.S. Government and can be used without additional permissions or fees. If you use these data in a publication, presentation, or other research product please use the citation below when citing the data product:
Miles, Patrick D.; Wear, David N. 2015. Northern Forest Futures Database. Fort Collins, CO: Forest Service Research Data Archive. https://doi.org/10.2737/RDS-2015-0009
- The Northern Forest Futures database (NFFDB) supports the reporting of both current and projected future forest conditions for the 20 states that make up the U.S. North, an area bounded by Maine, Maryland, Missouri, and Minnesota. The NFFDB database and attendant reporting tools are available to the public as a Microsoft Access database. The NFF_CurrentReports tool generates customized reports for a variety of forest statistics for the 2008 inventory year such as estimates of area, numbers of trees, volume, biomass, average annual net growth, average annual mortality, and average annual removals. The NFF_ProjectionReports program supports the reporting of projected forest statistics by decade through the year 2060 for any of 14 scenarios that reflect varying climatic and socioeconomic possibilities. Also included in this product are the individual Forest Inventory and Analysis database (FIADB) files for the 20 states in the U.S. North which contain data and a reporting tool that can be used to compute estimates of area, numbers of trees, volume, biomass, average annual net growth, average annual mortality, average annual removals, as well as carbon, down woody material biomass, and area change.
- biota; boundaries; Climate change; Carbon; Ecology, Ecosystems, & Environment; Forest & Plant Health; Invasive species; Inventory, Monitoring, & Analysis; Assessments; Resource inventory; forest composition; projections; emerald ash borer; invertebrates; U.S. North; United States; Connecticut; Delaware; Illinois; Indiana; Iowa; Maine; Maryland; Massachusetts; Michigan; Minnesota; Missouri; New Hampshire; New Jersey; New York; Ohio; Pennsylvania; Rhode Island; Vermont; West Virginia; Wisconsin
- Data Access:
- View metadata (HTML)
- View file index (HTML), which lists all files in this data publication and short description of their contents
- Download data publication (1.38 GB - compressed format, ZIP) which includes metadata, file index, data files, and any other supplemental files provided by the author
Need information about Using our Formats?