Search Data Catalog
Browse by Subject
Research Data Archive
US Forest Service
Attn: Dave Rugg
1 Gifford Pinchot Drive
Madison, WI 53726–2366
- RxCADRE 2008, 2011, and 2012: Radiometer data
- Dickinson, Matthew B. ; Kremens, Robert L.
- Publication Year:
- How to Cite:
- These data were collected using funding from the U.S. Government and can be used without additional permissions or fees. If you use these data in a publication, presentation, or other research product please use the following citation:
Dickinson, Matthew B.; Kremens, Robert L. 2015. RxCADRE 2008, 2011, and 2012: Radiometer data. Fort Collins, CO: Forest Service Research Data Archive. https://doi.org/10.2737/RDS-2015-0036
- This package contains data from dual-band, tower-mounted radiometers deployed during the Prescribed Fire Combustion and Atmospheric Dynamics Research Experiment (RxCADRE) burn blocks in 2008, 2011, and 2012. These burn blocks are located at Eglin Air Force Base, northeast of Valparaiso, Florida, and at the Joseph Jones Ecological Research Center at Ichauway, near Camilla, Georgia. The radiometers have a nadir, downward-looking perspective. Raw voltages recorded by the radiometers were calibrated and used to estimate fire radiative power (FRP) and fire radiative energy (FRE) fluxes as fuel burned within their fields of view (FOV) at these locations. The archive includes two types of files, the first is an Excel file with macros (*.xlsm) that calibrates the raw voltage output. The second file type is a comma-delimited text file (*.csv) containing calibrated data. In a subset of datasets from 2011, saturated values near peak FRP were replaced with fitted values and, in those cases, an extra set of Excel and text files including the fitted values are provided.
- biota; environment; Ecology, Ecosystems, & Environment; Fire; Forest & Plant Health; Fire effects on environment; Fire ecology; Prescribed fire; fire behavior; fire effects; fire radiated power; dual-band radiometer; fire radiated energy; fire behavior; RxCADRE; Joint Fire Science Program; JFSP; Joseph Jones Ecological Research Center; Ichauway; Eglin Air Force Base; Florida; Georgia
- Data Access:
- View metadata (HTML)
- View file index (HTML), which lists all files in this data publication and short description of their contents
- Download data publication (106.84 MB - compressed format, ZIP) which includes metadata, file index, data files, and any other supplemental files provided by the author
Need information about Using our Formats?