Search Data Catalog
Browse by Subject
Research Data Archive
US Forest Service
Attn: Dave Rugg
1 Gifford Pinchot Drive
Madison, WI 53726–2366
- Kane Experimental Forest: Overstory tree data from a thinning study in Allegheny hardwoods
- Rhinehart, Tessa A. ; Weldon, Corinne A. ; Stout, Susan L.
- Publication Year:
- How to Cite:
- These data were collected using funding from the U.S. Government and can be used without additional permissions or fees. If you use these data in a publication, presentation, or other research product please use the following citation:
Rhinehart, Tessa A.; Weldon, Corinne A.; Stout, Susan L. 2016. Kane Experimental Forest: Overstory tree data from a thinning study in Allegheny hardwoods. Fort Collins, CO: Forest Service Research Data Archive. https://doi.org/10.2737/RDS-2016-0002
- This data publication contains individual tree diameter data collected from 1972 to 2012 under the study plan 4110-FS-NE-1152-76 "Study Plan: Thinning study in Allegheny hardwoods" on the Kane Experimental Forest in Pennsylvania. This study provides data about tree growth and survival as affected by stand structure parameters and thinning regimes from 30% to 100% residual density.
- biota; environment; Forest Products; Forest products industry; Inventory, Monitoring, & Analysis; Assessments; Natural Resource Management & Use; Conservation; Ecosystem services; Forest management; Restoration; Timber; Climate change; Carbon; silviculture; species composition; forest stand dynamics; tree and stand growth; carbon sequestration; relative density; stocking; multiple species; plants; vegetation; Kane Experimental Forest; Pennsylvania
- Data Access:
- View metadata (HTML)
- View file index (HTML), which lists all files in this data publication and short description of their contents
- Download data publication (3.86 MB - compressed format, ZIP) which includes metadata, file index, data files, and any other supplemental files provided by the author
Need information about Using our Formats?