Search Data Catalog
Browse by Subject
Research Data Archive
US Forest Service
Attn: Dave Rugg
1 Gifford Pinchot Drive
Madison, WI 53726–2366
- Crossdated fire-scar fire histories from ponderosa pine-dominated forests of Idaho and western Montana
- Heyerdahl, Emily K. ; Morgan, Penelope ; Riser II, James P.
- Publication Year:
- How to Cite:
- These data were collected using funding from the U.S. Government and can be used without additional permissions or fees. If you use these data in a publication, presentation, or other research product please use the following citation:
Heyerdahl, Emily K.; Morgan, Penelope; Riser II, James P. 2008. Crossdated fire-scar fire histories from ponderosa pine-dominated forests of Idaho and western Montana. IGBP PAGES/World Data Center for Paleoclimatology Data Contribution Series #xxx. NOAA/NCDC Paleoclimatology Program, Boulder CO, USA. Available: https://www.ncdc.noaa.gov/data-access/paleoclimatology-data/datasets/fire-history
* Please note that in the actual citation 'Series #xxx' needs to be replaced with the series number for the data set being used. See Site_characteristics_ID_MT_fire-scar_study.pdf (which is available with the metadata download) which contains site characteristic and series information.
- This dataset contains dendrochronologically crossdated surface fire histories from fire scars on trees at 23 dry forest sites in Idaho and Montana west of the Continental Divide.
- fire history; dendrochronology; fire scars; biota; Fire; Fire detection; Pinus ponderosa P. & C. Lawson; Pseudotsuga menziesii var. glauca (Beissn.) Franco; Larix occidentalis Nutt.; Idaho; Montana; Rocky Mountains
- Data Access:
Need information about Using our Formats?