Bear Canyon Trail
Area Status: Open
The Bear Canyon Trail is 5 miles long. It begins at Mt. Lowe Truck Trail (2N50.1) at the water tank and ends at Gabrielino National Recreation Trail below Switzer Falls. Not recommended for equestrian or mountain bike usage.
At a Glance
Distance: 5 miles (One-way)
Total Climbing: 4,000 feet
Highest Elevation: 5,600 feet
Map showing recreational areas. Map Information
Alerts & Warnings
- Fire Restrictions: Moderate (Angeles National Forest)
- Weather Info--Storms
- Got Comments?
- Driving to the Forest?
- Advisory--Hiking at High Elevations
- Off-Highway Vehicle Areas Closed
- Forest Service Road Closures / Storm Damage - Part 1
- Forest Service Road Closures / Storm Damage - Part 2
- Stay Limits and Dispersed Camping Restrictions Order
- Offices--Info & Pass Sales Updates