East Fork Trail
Area Status: Open
DUE TO RECENT WINTER STORMS, SOME RECREATION AREAS MAY BE INACCESSIBLE OR CLOSED. PLEASE CHECK ALERTS & NOTICES FOR ANY CLOSURES / RESTRICTIONS / OFFICE UPDATES.
The East Fork Trail leads into the Sheep Mountain Wilderness and is 5.5 miles long. Trail begins at the East Fork Trailhead, not the East Fork Station. A wilderness permit is required if entering at East Fork Trailhead. Permits are available at the trailhead kiosk. This trail ends at the Bridge To Nowhere, which is on private property.
In the first 3 miles of the trail, follow the rocky stream bottom and plan to cross the stream several times. Crossing the stream is not recommended during rainy conditions due to swift water.
The trail is open for hiking only.
Alerts & Warnings
- Advisory: Safety by Waterfalls / Streams / Creeks
- Offices--Info & Pass Sales Updates
- Driving to the Forest?
- Fire Restrictions: Moderate (Angeles National Forest)
- Advisory: Hiking at High Elevations
- Off-Highway Vehicle Areas
- Forest Service Road Closures / Storm Damage - Part 2
- Forest Service Road Closures / Storm Damage - Part 1
- Planning to Camp? (Stay Limits & Dispersed Camping Restrictions)