Pyramid Lake--Los Alamos Group Campground
General Camping Info: Find helpful guidance and tips for an enjoyable trip to the forest!
Know Fire & Other Restrictions Before You Go!: These conditions can affect your entire trip. For example, Extreme and Critical fire use restrictions mean no campfires and no portable cooking systems/stoves. Bring cold food and no S'mores.
Be Bear Aware!: Bear safety is critical, for the safety of your group and/or you, as well as our bears. Help keep bears wild by following these tips.
Overview of Site:
Elevation: 2,600 feet
- 3 group campsites with picnic tables available by reservation only
- Sites can accommodate up to 40 people.
- Piped water
- Camp store
- Dump station available for RVs
- Premium campsites have shade (ramadas)
- Drinking water available
- No showers or hook-ups available
- Maximum RV length is 26' feet--no hook-ups
- Drinking water is available
- Campers have first priority to Pyramid Lake, but must be in line to enter the marina area by 6:15 a.m.
Pyramid Lake: The lake is only 2.5 miles away and offers swimming, waterskiing, wakeboarding, jet-skiing, and fishing.
Camping Fees: This site can be reserved by calling toll-free 1-877-444-6777 or online at www.recreation.gov.
For More Information:
- For site-specific information, contact contact the Pyramid Lake Recreation Office at 661-295-7155.
- For information regarding the Vista del Lago Visitor Center (also known as Water Education Visitors Center), call 661-944-8740.
At a Glance
|Operational Hours:||Open year round.|
|Reservations:||Please visit www.recreation.gov to make a reservation or call 1-877-444-6777.|
|Fees:||Fees: 1 to 25 people $85 per night; 26 to 40 people $125 per night.|
|Restrictions:||Fire Restrictions are in effect. All fires must be put completely out each night and before you leave the area. No commercial type generators, lights, live bands, loud or amplified music or equipment allowed. Pets must be confined or on a leash.|
General InformationDirections: Los Alamos Campground is located 20 miles north of Magic Mountain Amusement Park in Valencia, CA (just off Interstate 5), 2 1/2 miles west of Emigrant Landing at Pyramid Lake.
Map showing recreational areas. Map Information
Alerts & Warnings
- NEW! Office Updates - Need Info or Passes?
- Forest Service Road Closures
- Additional Damage to Roads/Trails Due to Tropical Storm Hilary
- Fire Danger: HIGH
- Temporary Closures (Bobcat Fire)
- Driving to the Forest?
- Advisory: Hiking at High Elevations
- Planning to Camp? (Stay Limits & Dispersed Camping Restrictions)