Rowher Flats OHV Area
DUE TO RECENT WINTER STORMS, SOME RECREATION AREAS MAY BE INACCESSIBLE OR CLOSED. PLEASE CHECK ALERTS & NOTICES FOR ANY CLOSURES / RESTRICTIONS / OFFICE UPDATES.
- Area is open to motorcycles, ATVs, and 4-wheel drive vehicles. Access is through Rush Canyon Road off of Sierra Highway.
- There are three staging areas (I, II, and III) that include loading docks, picnic tables, trash receptacles and vault toilets.
- Spark arresters, mufflers (4WDs), and a valid registration are required for all vehicles.
- No stopping, unloading, or OHV-riding is permitted on the Rush Canyon access road.
- Rowher Flats OHV may be closed due to severe weather (forecast of 1 inch or more of rain).
- Staging Area I: Ranger led OHV safety talks occur on most Sunday mornings.
- Staging Area II: Adjacent to open area (140-acres)
- For specific information about trails within Rowher Flats OHV area, click here.
At a Glance
|Fees:||Adventure Pass or America the Beautiful Pass required.|
|Open Season:||Year round|
|Restrictions:||Fire Restrictions are in effect.|
|Restroom:||Vault Toilet (5)|
|Passes:||Adventure Pass/America the Beautiful Pass required.|
|Operated By:||Forest Service|
|Information Center:||Please call the Acton Work Center at (661)269-2808 for current conditions and additional information.|
Map showing recreational areas. Map Information
OHV Open Area Riding
OHV Road Riding
OHV Trail Riding
Alerts & Warnings
- NEW! Office Updates - Need Info or Passes?
- Forest Service Road Closures
- Additional Damage to Roads/Trails Due to Tropical Storm Hilary
- Fire Danger: HIGH
- Temporary Closures (Bobcat Fire)
- Driving to the Forest?
- Advisory: Hiking at High Elevations
- Planning to Camp? (Stay Limits & Dispersed Camping Restrictions)