Red Box Picnic Area
DUE TO RECENT WINTER STORMS, SOME RECREATION AREAS MAY BE INACCESSIBLE OR CLOSED. PLEASE CHECK ALERTS & NOTICES FOR ANY CLOSURES / RESTRICTIONS / OFFICE UPDATES.
Amenities: 6 picnic sites with a designated picnic table and BBQ grill. Vault toilets. Trash receptacles. No piped water available. (Please bring enough water for cooking, cleaning and drinking.)
Hiking: Access to the Gabrielino National Recreation Trail for both the West Fork and the Arroyo Seco.
At a Glance
|Operational Hours:||Day-use hours are 6 a.m. to 10 p.m.|
|Reservations:||Picnic sites are first-come, first-served. Reserving or holding of sites not allowed.|
|Area Amenities:||Picnic tables,Toilets|
|Fees:||Adventure Pass or America the Beautiful Pass required.|
|Restrictions:||Fire Restrictions are in effect. All BBQ grill fires must be put completely out before you leave the area.|
|Restroom:||Vault Toilet (1)|
|Passes:||Adventure Pass or America the Beautiful Pass required.|
|Operated By:||Forest Service|
|Information Center:||Please call the LA Gateway District Office at (818) 899-1900 for current conditions and additional information.|
Map showing recreational areas. Map Information
Alerts & Warnings
- NEW! Office Updates - Need Info or Passes?
- UPDATED! Forest Service Road Closures
- Additional Damage to Roads/Trails Due to Tropical Storm Hilary
- Fire Danger: HIGH
- Temporary Closures (Bobcat Fire)
- Advisory: Safety by Waterfalls / Streams / Creeks
- Driving to the Forest?
- Advisory: Hiking at High Elevations
- Planning to Camp? (Stay Limits & Dispersed Camping Restrictions)