Sam Merrill (lower) Trail
Area Status: Open
DUE TO RECENT WINTER STORMS, SOME RECREATION AREAS MAY BE INACCESSIBLE OR CLOSED. PLEASE CHECK ALERTS & NOTICES FOR ANY CLOSURES / RESTRICTIONS / OFFICE UPDATES.
The Sam Merrill Trail (lower) trail is 3.0 miles long. It begins at Lake Ave & Loma Alta Dr and ends at Echo Mtn Trail Junction. The trail is open for the following uses: Horseback Riding
Alerts & Warnings
- NEW Bobcat Fire Closure Order
- Smoke Advisory: Prescribed Burn near Jackson Lake / Big Pines Hwy.
- Advisory: Safety by Waterfalls / Streams / Creeks
- Offices--Info & Pass Sales Updates
- Driving to the Forest?
- Fire Restrictions: Moderate (Angeles National Forest)
- Advisory: Hiking at High Elevations
- Off-Highway Vehicle Areas
- Forest Service Road Closures / Storm Damage - Part 2
- Forest Service Road Closures / Storm Damage - Part 1
- Planning to Camp? (Stay Limits & Dispersed Camping Restrictions)