Bear Canyon Trail
The Bear Canyon Trail is 5 miles long. It begins at Mt. Lowe Truck Trail (2N50.1) at the water tank and ends at Gabrielino National Recreation Trail below Switzer Falls. Not recommended for equestrian or mountain bike usage.
At a Glance
Distance: 5 miles (One-way)
Total Climbing: 4,000 feet
Highest Elevation: 5,600 feet
Map showing recreational areas. Map Information
Alerts & Warnings
- NEW! Office Updates - Need Info or Passes?
- Forest Service Road Closures
- Additional Damage to Roads/Trails Due to Tropical Storm Hilary
- Fire Danger: HIGH
- Temporary Closures (Bobcat Fire)
- Driving to the Forest?
- Advisory: Hiking at High Elevations
- Planning to Camp? (Stay Limits & Dispersed Camping Restrictions)