Chevelon Canyon Lake Campground
The campground is a fishing area with a picnic ground situated in a mixture of ponderosa pine, juniper and pinyon pine. Chevelon Canyon offers spectacular views and opportunities for hiking and fishing.
NO trash collection available. This is a Pack-it-in / Pack-it-out area. Take your trash with you when you leave.
At a Glance
|Reservations:||This campground is available on a first come first serve basis.|
|Area Amenities:||Tent camping,Camping trailer,Picnic tables,Toilets|
|Fees:||There is no fee to camp.|
|Best Season:||May to October|
|Closest Towns:||Heber, AZ|
|Operated By:||Forest Service|
|Information Center:||Black Mesa Ranger District
TTY: (928) 535-3213
Directions from Winslow: Travel for 25 miles south on Forest Road 34 to Forest Road 504, continue south on 504 to Forest Road 169. Follow 169 to 169B, then east (left) to the campground. From the south proceed north on Forest Road 300 to 169. Continue north on 169 to 169B, turn east (right) and follow 169B to campground.
- No developed camping facilities; 14 day stay limit.
- There are several campsites with fire rings.
- Remember that if you pack it in, you have to pack it out!
- There is no drinking water available.
- Camp only in designated sites and leave site clean for next visitor.
- The 3/4 mile trail down to the lake is a steady descent.
- No vehicle access to lake.
- Access road not cleared in winter.
- Boat motors 8 HP or less.
Map showing recreational areas. Map Information
This campground does offer vault toilets, picnic tables and fire rings but no water. this area is considered dispersed camping
Lake and Pond Fishing