Warren Peak Fire Lookout

  

The original Warren Peak Fire Lookout was constructed by the Civilian Conservation Corps in 1938. This tower was ten feet tall with a live-in cab. In 1959, construction began on the Sundance Air Force Station, the world’s first nuclear-powered radar station, located on Warren Peak. The original Warren Peak fire lookout was demolished during the construction. In 1960, a new Warren Peak fire lookout was moved to a peak east of the original lookout. It was constructed with a 54 foot steel tower and cab. 

Recreation Map

Map showing recreational areas. Map Information

Activities


Outdoor Learning

Show detail SHOW


https://www.fs.usda.gov/recarea/blackhills/recarea/?recid=82101