This peaceful campground is located in an isolated area near the Big Frog Wilderness. It offers 12 campsites with fire rings and picnic tables. Enjoy fishing in the Conasauga or Jacks Rivers or the solitude of a wilderness trail in the Big Frog Wilderness.
At a Glance
|Area Amenities:||Tent camping, Picnic tables|
|Restrictions:||Food storage restrictions apply at all areas on the Cherokee National Forest. All food and beverages must be stored in an approved bear-proof container, your locked vehicle or hard-sided camper at all times unless being eaten, prepared, or transported. Maximum of 5 people and 2 vehicles at each site.|
|Closest Towns:||Copperhill and Ducktown, TN|
|Operated By:||US Forest Service|
General InformationDirections: From the Ocoee Ranger Station turn right on Highway 64 and travel 4.8 miles to County road 2330 (Cookson Creek Road). Turn left and travel 3.5 miles to campgound on the right.
Alerts & Warnings
- FIRE RESTRICTIONS ON THE FOREST
- Road to Beauty Spot Scenic Overlook (aka Indian Grave Gap) closed
- Watauga Ranger District Office closed for renovations
- Closure Map for Bald River Falls Bridge replacement project
- Closures for Black Bear Fire are now open
- Tweed Springs Fire Roads and Trails Reopen
- Temporary road closure of Flatwoods Road