Citico Creek Area
This area provides opportunities for solitude and backcountry experiences. You will find ample opportunities for fishing, horseback riding, camping, and hiking.
With more than 20,000 acres of Wilderness in Citico Creek and Joyce Kilmer-Slickrock, this area provides ample opportunities for solitude and backcountry experiences. Catch both native and stocked trout in Citico Creek and its rugged tributaries, and fish for small-mouth bass and catfish in the creek’s lower reaches.
At a Glance
|Closest Towns:||Vonore, TN, Tellico Plains, TN|
Map showing recreational areas. Map Information
Areas for Campground Camping at Citico Creek Area
Dispersed camping is allowed at several designated sites along the Citico Creek Corridor. There are no services or facilities provided at dispersed camping sites. You must pack it in and pack it out.
River and Stream Fishing
Areas for River and Stream Fishing at Citico Creek Area
Areas for Day Hiking at Citico Creek Area
Alerts & Warnings
- FIRE RESTRICTIONS ON THE FOREST
- Road to Beauty Spot Scenic Overlook (aka Indian Grave Gap) closed
- Watauga Ranger District Office closed for renovations
- Closure Map for Bald River Falls Bridge replacement project
- Closures for Black Bear Fire are now open
- Tweed Springs Fire Roads and Trails Reopen
- Temporary road closure of Flatwoods Road