Bald River Falls
The 90 foot high Bald River Falls is recognized as one of the most spectacular waterfalls in the region. It is easily accessed from Tellico River Road (NFRS 210), and provides outstanding photographic opportunities. Parking is limited, and visitor use is high on weekends and holidays. If possible, plan your visit during weekdays.
At a Glance
General InformationDirections: From Tellico Plains - turn onto TN 165 for approximately 5 miles, turn right onto FR 210 going past Ranger Station. Bald River Falls will be 6 miles upstream on the right.
Map showing recreational areas. Map Information
Alerts & Warnings
- FIRE RESTRICTIONS ON THE FOREST
- Road to Beauty Spot Scenic Overlook (aka Indian Grave Gap) closed
- Watauga Ranger District Office closed for renovations
- Closure Map for Bald River Falls Bridge replacement project
- Food and Refuse Food Requirements to Protect Bears
- Closures for Black Bear Fire are now open
- Tweed Springs Fire Roads and Trails Reopen
- Fireworks illegal on Cherokee National Forest
- Temporary road closure of Flatwoods Road