Coyote TH, Coyote Trls 05620, 05619, 05851, FR 462
Coyote Trailhead provides access to the Manzanita Mountains Trail System.
The turn off to Coyote Trailhead is approximately 2 miles south of I-40, on NM 337.
Travel further up the road you will come to Coyote Trailhead, which leads to Coyote-Chamisoso Link 05620, Forest Road 462, Coyote Trail 05619 and Coyote Split Trail 05851.
Please refer to the Manzanita Mountains Trail System map to plan your course.
- Cell phone coverage is not guaranteed.
- It is the recreationist’s responsibility to use a map.
- It is a multi-user area.
- Be courteous to other users – motorized vehicles and bicycles yield to hikers and horses
- Travel only on established trails
Trails/Roads from this trailhead are open for the following uses: Hiking, Mountain Biking, Horseback Riding, OHV's (FS 462 only), & 2 Wheel Motorized vehicles.
**Off Highway Vehicles (OHV) less than or equal to 50 inches wide may use Forest Roads 462, 12, 13, 542 & Meadow Ridge 05627 ONLY. Make sure to consult your map. (Look on the map for the black and white choppy lines).
At a Glance
|Fees:||This area does not require an amenity fee.
|Open Season:||Open year round|
|Passes:||Click here to Purchase America the Beautiful Passes or contact the locations listed below. **Sandia Amenity Passes can be purchased at locations marked with asterisks.
|Operated By:||US Forest Service|
From the west (Albuquerque), drive East on I-40 and exit at Exit 175. At the bottom of the ramp there is a traffic light. Continue straight through the light on NM 337 for approximately 2 miles. The road (FS Rd 462) leading to parking area is on the left (east) side of NM 337. Look for the Coyote TH/462 sign.
Continue on FS 462 until you come to the parking area. There are picnic tables, parking slots and a vault toilet at this trailhead.
Map showing recreational areas. Map Information
OHV Road Riding
Alerts & Warnings
- Forest Closure Order for Mt. Taylor, Mountainair, and Sandia Ranger Districts
- Stage II Fire Restrictions Mt. Taylor, Magdalena, Mountainair, and Sandia RDs
- 03-0723 Kiowa/Rita-Blanca Stage II Fire Restrictions
- 03-0722 Black Kettle/McClellan Creek Areas Stage II Fire Restrictions
- 03-0719 Lake Marvin & McClellan Creek Areas Stage II Fire Restrictions
- Discharging a firearm, air rifle, or gas gun