Forest Lodge Nature Trail
The Forest Lodge Nature Trail is an interpretive trail that is maintained in cooperation with the Cable Natural History Museum. The Forest Lodge Nature Trail loop is 1.5 miles. The Extended Nature trail loop adds and additional 0.5 miles to the Forest Lodge Nature Trail. The Conservancy Trail loop is 2 miles in length.
What to expect: The nature trail begins in an old field south of Garmish Road. The one-way trail is about 4 feet wide in the field but narrows to about 2 feet wide and has a somewhat rough tread in the woods. The interpretive booklet aids the novice in learning about northern Wisconsin.
At a Glance
|Closest Towns:||Cable, WI|
|Information Center:||Great Divide District|
From State Highway 63 in Cable, drive 8.6 miles east on County Highway M. Turn left (north) on Garmish Road and drive 1 mile to the trailhead which is on the right (south) side of the road.
Map showing recreational areas. Map Information
|Difficulty Level:||Easy to Intermediate|
Alerts & Warnings
- Safety reminders for hunting season
- Closure on Forest Road 1666 (Black Lake Road) for motorized vehicles
- Closure on Iron River Trail between FR236 and FR242
- Trail Closure Order 09-13-23-02 Terminated
- Closure on Pipeline 4x4 Challenge Trail
- Aquatic Invasive Species decontamination required at Lake Owen and Two Lakes
- Closure Order (Lakewood-Laona, 2019 windstorm)