Nicolet North Trail
This is a favorite trail for cross-country skiers, hikers, and mountain bike enthusiasts. Fifteen miles of trail are groomed and tracked in winter for skiing (traditional-style as well as ski-skating style). The Nicolet North Trail is connected to the Anvil National Recreation Trail. In addition, part of the Hidden Lakes Trail follows some of this trail. A map is available at the trailhead.
At a Glance
|Closest Towns:||Eagle River|
|Information Center:||Eagle River - Florence Ranger District|
From Eagle River, take State Highway 70 east for 11 miles to Fornier Road (FR 2460). Turn right and go south about 3 miles to the parking lot on the right, which accommodates 5 vehicles.
Map showing recreational areas. Map Information
Alerts & Warnings
- Safety reminders for hunting season
- Closure on Forest Road 1666 (Black Lake Road) for motorized vehicles
- Closure on Iron River Trail between FR236 and FR242
- Trail Closure Order 09-13-23-02 Terminated
- Closure on Pipeline 4x4 Challenge Trail
- Aquatic Invasive Species decontamination required at Lake Owen and Two Lakes
- Closure Order (Lakewood-Laona, 2019 windstorm)