The Templeton Trail, Baldwin Trail, Llama Trail, Little Horse Trail, and Broken Arrow Trail are popular mountain bike trails. Although suitable for hiking, the Llama Trail is an alternate connector between the Little Horse Trail and Templeton trail for mountain bikers wishing to avoid the popular Bell Rock Pathway. The Llama Trail is marked at its intersection with the Little Horse Trail. There is a large dead pinion pine tree at the intersection. Before the Llama Trail was marked, bikers carved a broad area around the trail intersection attempting to locate the Llama Trail access. Please stay on the trail so the area can heal. Bikers should take care to use the Bell Rock Pathway to access the Bell Rock Vista parking area. The Court House Butte Loop Trail passes through the Munds Mountain Wilderness where bikes are prohibited. Please respect the protection afforded by wilderness areas on plants and wildlife.
At a Glance
|Closest Towns:||Sedona, AZ|
|Passes:||Red Rock Pass or America the Beautiful Pass required to park at the trailhead.|
|Operated By:||Red Rock District 928-203-2900|
Location: 38 miles south of Flagstaff in scenic Red Rock Country
Access: From the junction of Routes 89A and 179 in Sedona, take 179 south 6.5 miles to a short roadway on the left marked for Bell Rock Vista, milepost 307.1. The trail can also be accessed from the Little Horse Trailhead. From the junction of Routes 89A and 179 in Sedona, take 179 south 3.6 miles to a paved turnout and the Little Horse/BellRock Pathway trailhead parking is on the left (east) at milepost 309.8, .2 miles south of the entrance to the United Methodist Church.
GPS (Map): 34°53'29.5"N 111°45'41.8"W
- Red Rock Country Maps: Download Red Rock Country trail maps and find other Sedona recreation resources. See the Sedona Southeast map for this trail.
- The Digital Travel Map Whether you're driving, hiking, riding, or exploring, you will find this full-color, GPS-enabled map a handy reference to have on your mobile device. The map show trails, recreation sites, major landmarks, and forest roads.
- Forest Service Topo Map (FSTopo Geo-enable PDF)
Click map thumbnail for larger view.
Hiking Time: 5 hours
Cumulative Elevation: 200 feet
- Horses are prohibited on Bell Rock Pathway.
- A Red Rock Pass is required to park.
- Bicycles are prohibited in the Wilderness Area.
- Respect private property boundaries.
Map showing recreational areas. Map Information
Mountain Biking Skill Rating: Serious for the Llama, Bell Rock Pathway, and Little Horse trails loop (source: Cosmic Ray's Arizona Mountain Bike Guide)