Beaver Creek Day Use Picnic Site
Beaver Creek is popular for picnicking and birding year round, and water play in the summer. The area has limited space and easily gets over-crowded on hot days and holiday weekends. There are two separate sections to the day use facility at Beaver Creek.
- Large Fee Site: The largest section is a developed picnic facility with 18 sites that all include a table, grill, drinking water, trash cans, port-o-johns, vault toilets, and parking for one to two vehicles per site.
- Small Fee Site: The second section is a small $12 day use section across the road from the fee site with three picnic sites, three grills, and shared parking for a maximum of eight vehicles. There is no drinking water or trash service on this side. Visitors must pack out their own trash, and be prepared with enough water for their needs.
At a Glance
|Operational Hours:||Year-round, dawn to dusk.|
|Area Amenities:||Picnic tables, Toilets, Drinking water, Parking|
|Fees:||Developed, large fee-based picnic site:
|Best Season:||Spring through fall|
|Busiest Season:||Summer and weekends|
|Restrictions:||Day use only. Camping is not permitted at either picnic site.|
|Closest Towns:||Sedona, AZ and Camp Verde, AZ|
|Water:||Drinking water at fee site only|
|Restroom:||Vault or Port-a-John|
|Operated By:||Concessionaire. 928-203-0624|
Location: 47 miles south of Flagstaff a few miles off the interstate.
GPS (Map): 34°40'09.0"N 111°42'51.4"W
Address: 6825 N. FS 618, Rimrock, AZ 86335
Access: From Interstate 17, take the AZ 179 exit (Exit #298) and drive 2.5 miles southeast on FR 618 to the picnic area on your left.
Click map thumbnail for a larger view.
- Fee Site: Space for one to two vehicles at each picnic spot.
Map showing recreational areas. Map Information
- Fee Site: 18 sites, tables, grills, trash cans, drinking water, vault toilets, port-o-johns, and parking for one to two vehicles per site.
- No-Fee Site: Three picnic sites, three grills, and shared parking
|No. of Sites||18 in the fee site, 3 in the non-fee site|
|Toilets:||Vault and port-a-john.|
|Drinking water:||Drinking water on large side only.|