Pioneer Park Campground
Pioneer Park Campground is located in northeast Washington on the Pend Oreille River. Visitors enjoy hiking, fishing, boating and swimming. The campground's proximity to the city of Newport provides urban entertainment opportunities as well.
The Boat Launch is currently closed due to high water.
At a Glance
|Current Conditions:||Overnight use and day-use within the campground is available with full services provided by the Concessionaire. Fees will be charged. Boat launch is open.|
|Reservations:||Sites are available on a first-come, first-served basis or by reservation at Recreation.gov (1-877-444-6777).|
|Area Amenities:||Interpretive Site,Accessible,Boat ramp,Tent camping,Camping trailer,Picnic tables,Toilets,Drinking water,Parking|
|Open Season:||Memorial Day Weekend - 9/27/2021|
Washington state fishing license required. See Washington Department of Fish and Wildlife at http://wdfw.wa.gov/ for more information.
|Closest Towns:||Newport, WA|
|Operated By:||Scenic Canyons Recreational Services|
|Information Center:||Concessionaire: Scenic Canyons - https://www.sceniccanyons.com|
From downtown Newport: travel east on U.S. Highway 2 for 0.75 miles. Immediately after crossing the Pend Oreille River bridge, turn left on South LeClerc Road and travel 2 miles north to the campground entrance.
Latitude 48.21417 Longitude -117.05361
Map showing recreational areas. Map Information
Campground CampingRecreation areas with activity Campground Camping:
- Tent and RV campsites available. Sites can be reserved up to six months in advance through Recreation.gov.
RV CampingRecreation areas with activity RV Camping:
- Campsites are suitable for small to large RV’s.
River and Stream FishingRecreation areas with activity River and Stream Fishing:
- Excellent fishing opportunities on the Pend Oreille River. Boat launch on site. Bass, trout.
Day HikingRecreation areas with activity Day Hiking:
- There is an interpretive trail on site, The Pioneer Park Heritage Trail #321.
Interpretive AreasRecreation areas with activity Interpretive Areas:
- The Pioneer Park Heritage Trail #321 is a 0.3 mile trail that has 12 interpretative displays and an elevated boardwalk which overlooks the river.
PicnickingRecreation areas with activity Picnicking:
- Day use area with a covered picnic shelter.
Boating - MotorizedRecreation areas with activity Boating - Motorized:
- Boat launch on site which provides access to the Pend Oreille River. Excellent fishing opportunities.
Boating - Non-MotorizedRecreation areas with activity Boating - Non-Motorized:
- Many opportunities for kayakers and canoeists on the river and surrounding lakes.
SwimmingRecreation areas with activity Swimming:
- Small beach area adjacent to the river.
TubingRecreation areas with activity Tubing:
- The campground boat launch provides easy access to the Pend Oreille River for tubing.
WaterskiingRecreation areas with activity Waterskiing:
- The campground boat launch provides easy access to the Pend Oreille River for waterskiing.
|Interpretive Site:||Pioneer Park Heritage Trail #321|
|Camping trailer:||Maximum vehicle length 55 feet|
|Picnic tables:||Pavilion available first-come first-served|
|Parking:||Day Use Fee|
|Accessible:||Limited number of campsites|
|Boat ramp:||Day Use Fee|
|Drinking water:||Available at the Campground|
Alerts & Warnings
- ORDER NO. 06-21-00-21-14 Public Use Restriction Stage 1
- ORDER NO. 06-21-00-21-02 Food Storage Order
- Trail update 7-20-2020
- ORDER NO. 06-00-00-20-02 Alcohol and Drug Prohibitions
- ORDER NO. 06-00-00-20-03 Explosives and Exploding Targets Prohibition
- Colville National Forest continues to restore access to closed areas