Long Lake #5
This 1.3 mile one-way hike around the lake includes segments of talus (rock rubble) where footing can be difficult. This trail starts at the campground and ends at the boat launch.
At a Glance
|Closest Towns:||14 miles from Republic, WA|
|Information Center:||Trail Map provided by NEWashingtontrails.com|
From Republic, take highway 21 south 7 miles to forest road 53 (Scatter Creek). Turn right and follow Scatter Creek for 6 miles. Turn left on forest road 5300-400. Follow this road for 1 mile to Long Lake Campground boat launch. The trail starts on your left next to the lake shore. Alternately, the other end of this loop trail starts near site #5 in the Long Lake Campground.
- USGS Map: Swan Lake
Map showing recreational areas. Map Information
Lake and Pond Fishing
- Long Lake is restricted to fly fishing only.
- An easy hike around the lake, with many spots for fishing, swimming, or just enjoying the view.
- Long Lake is home to resident loons, throughout most of the summer.
Alerts & Warnings
- Flume Creek Closure Order: 06-21-35-23-08
- Prescribed Burn Notice
- 06-21-00-21-02: Food Storage Order
- TERMINATION of Salmo Basin Fire Closure: 06-21-35-23-04
- TERMINATION of Public Use Restrictions: 06-21-09-23-06
- TERMINATION of Crater Creek Fire Closure: 06-21-09-23-07
- TERMINATION of Closure Order: 06-21-12-23-01 Nancy Creek Road Washout Closure