This steady 1.3 mile climb to the Kettle Crest travels through forest, mountain streams, and meadows. This trail connects with Kettle Crest North National Recreation Trail #13.
At a Glance
|Closest Towns:||17 miles from Republic, WA|
|Information Center:||Trail Map provided by NEWashingtontrails.com|
From Republic, WA: Take highway 20 east for approximately 12 miles. Turn left onto forest road 2040 (Karamip Road). Follow forest road 2040 for 3 miles and turn right onto forest road 2040-065. Follow this road approximately 2 miles to the trailhead which will be a wide parking area on your left.
Latitude 48.645104 Longitude -118.51111
- USGS Map: Cooke Mountain
Map showing recreational areas. Map Information
- One of the shorter trails that accesses Kettle Crest.
- Trail climbs steadily, but stays in the shade most of the time.
|Parking:||Small parking area|
Alerts & Warnings
- Flume Creek Closure Order: 06-21-35-23-08
- Prescribed Burn Notice
- 06-21-00-21-02: Food Storage Order
- TERMINATION of Salmo Basin Fire Closure: 06-21-35-23-04
- TERMINATION of Public Use Restrictions: 06-21-09-23-06
- TERMINATION of Crater Creek Fire Closure: 06-21-09-23-07
- TERMINATION of Closure Order: 06-21-12-23-01 Nancy Creek Road Washout Closure