Crowell Ridge #515
This trail is part of the Salmo-Priest Wilderness Area. The wilderness area has some of the most spectacular scenery in northeastern Washington. Trail follows an almost treeless ridge. Good hiking boots are recommended for travel on this rocky trail. Trail system has two trailheads: NFS Road 2212245 (Sullivan Mountain-east end) and NFS Road 2212200 (Bear Pasture-west end).
At a Glance
|Restrictions:||Wilderness use restrictions apply. Certified weed-free hay or certified weed-free hay pellets are required on National Forest lands (processed grains are okay). Motorized or mechanical equipment, including chainsaw, bike, motorcycle, hang glider or cart use prohibited in all wilderness areas. Food and wildlife attractants must be properly stored at all times.|
|Closest Towns:||Metaline Falls, WA|
|Information Center:||The trail is usually snowed in until June. Trail Map provided by NEWashingtontrails.com|
- USGS Map: Gypsy Peak
Map showing recreational areas. Map Information
- Scenic views of surrounding mountain peaks.
- Great opportunity.
- Length of trip varies if combining this trail with other ones in the wilderness.
- Variety of wildlife ranging from common whitetail deer to endangered woodland caribou and threatened grizzly bear.
- Other species of interest are bighorn sheep, moose, elk, mountain lion, black bear, gray wolf, bald eagle, and other bird species.
- Spectacular views of the Salmo-Priest Wilderness, Selkirk Mountains in both the United States and Canada.
Alerts & Warnings
- Flume Creek Closure Order: 06-21-35-23-08
- Prescribed Burn Notice
- 06-21-00-21-02: Food Storage Order
- TERMINATION of Salmo Basin Fire Closure: 06-21-35-23-04
- TERMINATION of Public Use Restrictions: 06-21-09-23-06
- TERMINATION of Crater Creek Fire Closure: 06-21-09-23-07
- TERMINATION of Closure Order: 06-21-12-23-01 Nancy Creek Road Washout Closure