Flume Creek #502
This 3.9 mile one way difficult hike offers panoramic views of the Selkirk Mountains from the summit of Abercrombie Mountain. Trail is steady uphill grade with rocky terrain. Campsites are located along the trail. Remember to Pack It In, Pack It Out. Trail system is within the Abercrombie-Hooknose Roadless Area. Variable weather due to the elevation.
At a Glance
|Closest Towns:||Metaline Falls, WA|
|Information Center:||Trail Map provided by NEWashingtontrails.com|
From Metaline Falls, WA: Take County Road 2975 (Boundary Road) and drive for 3.6 miles to the junction of Forest Road 6200350. Follow 6200350 for 7.3 miles to the trailhead.
- NOTE: The road is very rocky and is not recommended for passenger cars or horse trailers.
Latitude 48.920461 Longitude -117.417050
- USGS Map: Boundary Dam
Map showing recreational areas. Map Information
- Scenic views of surrounding mountain peaks.
- Hooknose Mountain is a challenging cross-country hike across the ridgeline.
- Through hike for PNT
- Variety of wildlife ranging from common whitetail deer to endangered woodland caribou and threatened grizzly bear.
- Other species of interest are bighorn sheep, moose, elk, mountain lion, black bear, gray wolf, bald eagle and other bird species.
- Alpine meadow, subalpine habitats.
- Spectacular views of the Selkirk Mountains and Pend Oreille Valley.
|Parking:||No Day Use Fee|
Alerts & Warnings
- Flume Creek Closure Order: 06-21-35-23-08
- Prescribed Burn Notice
- 06-21-00-21-02: Food Storage Order
- TERMINATION of Salmo Basin Fire Closure: 06-21-35-23-04
- TERMINATION of Public Use Restrictions: 06-21-09-23-06
- TERMINATION of Crater Creek Fire Closure: 06-21-09-23-07
- TERMINATION of Closure Order: 06-21-12-23-01 Nancy Creek Road Washout Closure