Sherman Loop Trail #72
This strenuous 1.9 mile trail connects with Kettle Crest South Trail #13 on the North and South of Sherman Peak. It provides an opportunity for a loop trail, approximately 6 miles long, with easy access from the Kettle Crest Trailhead. Views from the trail stretch from Canada, Columbia River Valley, Okanogan Highlands, and the Southern end of the Kettle Mountain Range.
At a Glance
|Information Center:||Trail Map provided by NEWashingtontrails.com|
Use Kettle Crest Trailhead. Travel south on Kettle Crest South Trail #13 for 0.7 miles once you cross the highway. This trail intersection marks the start of Sherman Loop Trail #72 (to the right). The trail on the left is Kettle Crest South Trail #13. By taking the Sherman Loop Trail #72 for 1.8 miles you will intersect Kettle Crest South Trail #13 on the south side of Sherman Peak.
- USGS Map: Edds Mountain
Map showing recreational areas. Map Information
- This trail in conjunction with Kettle Crest South Trail #13, makes a great half day loop with great views, exercise, and easy access.
|Difficulty Level:||Intermediate to Difficult|
Alerts & Warnings
- ORDER NO. 06-21-00-21-14 Public Use Restriction Stage 1
- ORDER NO. 06-21-00-21-02 Food Storage Order
- Trail update 7-20-2020
- ORDER NO. 06-00-00-20-02 Alcohol and Drug Prohibitions
- ORDER NO. 06-00-00-20-03 Explosives and Exploding Targets Prohibition
- Colville National Forest continues to restore access to closed areas
- Trout Lake trailhead