Fish Lake #2
Elevation remains constant along this easy half a mile trail that leads to fishing opportunities along Fish Lake. The trail ends at Long Lake Campground.
At a Glance
|Restrictions:||Washington state fishing license required. See Washington Department of Fish and Wildlife at http://wdfw.wa.gov/ for more information. Use of lead weights or lead jigs prohibited. Internal combustion motors prohibited.|
|Closest Towns:||Republic, WA|
From Republic, WA: Travel 7 miles south on state route 21 to Forest Road 53 (Scatter Creek Road). Follow Forest Road 53 for 6 miles to Forest Road 5300-400. Turn left on Forest Road 5300-400 and continue 0.5 mile to trailhead which will be on your right, next to the lakeshore.
Latitude 48.506697 Longitude -118.807608
Map showing recreational areas. Map Information
- Trail ends at Long Lake Campground
Lake and Pond Fishing
- Fishing is available at both Fish and Long Lakes (fly fishing only at Long Lake)
- An easy hike along the banks of Fish Lake, and ending at Long Lake Campground.
- Many fishing opportunities.
- There are resident loons at Long Lake throughout most of the summer.
Alerts & Warnings
- Flume Creek Closure Order: 06-21-35-23-08
- Prescribed Burn Notice
- 06-21-00-21-02: Food Storage Order
- TERMINATION of Salmo Basin Fire Closure: 06-21-35-23-04
- TERMINATION of Public Use Restrictions: 06-21-09-23-06
- TERMINATION of Crater Creek Fire Closure: 06-21-09-23-07
- TERMINATION of Closure Order: 06-21-12-23-01 Nancy Creek Road Washout Closure