Swan Lake #14
Swan Lake trail is connected to Swan Lake campground with two access points. One is located at Scatter creek Road at the South end of campground and the other is located at the north end of campground by the CCC era kitchen. This hike will take you around the lake with spectacular views of the lake and surrounding mountains . Wildlife such as deer, moose and Osprey have been seen from the trail making for great pictures. The chances of hearing and seeing loons on the lake is always a possibility, as they have nested at Swan lake for years. There are two foot bridges which allow the hiker to cross the swampy areas of the trail. Plenty of flowering shrubs and ground flowers to delight the senses.
At a Glance
|Closest Towns:||14 miles from Republic, WA|
|Water:||Not available. Surface water should be treated.|
General InformationGeneral Notes:
- USGS Map: Swan Lake
From Republic, WA: Travel on state route 21 south to forest road 53 (Scatter Creek Road). Turn right on forest road 53 and continue 7 miles to Swan Lake Campground. The beginning of the trail is located at on the left hand side of the road, just before the lake and campground. Trails ends at the north end of the campground near the Swan Lake Kitchen.
Map showing recreational areas. Map Information
- The trail goes around Swan Lake and ties into the Swan Lake Campground.
Lake and Pond Fishing
- Fishing is available at Swan Lake. Combustion motors are prohibited.
- This lake shore trail provides many opportunities for views, fishing, or swimming.
- Swan Lake is home to resident loons throughout most of the summer.
- Swan Lake Kitchen is a historical site built by the Civilian Conservation Corps in 1936, and received preservation work in 2009/2010.
Alerts & Warnings
- Flume Creek Closure Order: 06-21-35-23-08
- Prescribed Burn Notice
- 06-21-00-21-02: Food Storage Order
- TERMINATION of Salmo Basin Fire Closure: 06-21-35-23-04
- TERMINATION of Public Use Restrictions: 06-21-09-23-06
- TERMINATION of Crater Creek Fire Closure: 06-21-09-23-07
- TERMINATION of Closure Order: 06-21-12-23-01 Nancy Creek Road Washout Closure