Elk Creek Trail #560
The trailhead is located in the upper parking area of the Mill Pond Historic Site. From the parking area this trail crosses the Sullivan Lake Road and climbs up a south-facing slope offering stunning views of Sullivan Lake. The trail drops into a steep draw where Elk Creek Falls cascades down the hillside for 30 feet. After viewing the falls, the trail winds down the hillside where it again crosses the Sullivan Lake Road and returns to the trailhead.
At a Glance
|Area Amenities:||Picnic tables,Toilets,Parking|
|Open Season:||Year Around|
|Closest Towns:||Metaline Falls, WA|
|Information Center:||Trail Map of Mill Pond Historic Site|
From Metaline Falls WA: Head northeast on Grandview St toward International Selkirk Loop N/Lehigh Ave. Turn right onto WA-31 N/International Selkirk Loop N/Lehigh Ave continue for 2.1 miles. Turn right onto Sullivan Lake Rd continue for 3.3 miles destination will be on the right.
Latitude 48.859080 Longitude -117.300562
- USGS Map: Metaline Falls
Map showing recreational areas. Map Information
- Scenic views of surrounding mountain peaks.
- Other hikes: Mill Pond Flume Trail #520 and South Mill Pond Trail #?.
- Variety of wildlife ranging from common whitetail deer to endangered woodland caribou and threatened grizzly bear.
- Other species of interest are bighorn sheep, moose, elk, mountain lion, black bear, gray wolf, bald eagle and other bird species.
- Excellent hike for spring wildflowers.
- Spectacular views of the Elk Creek Falls and Sullivan Lake.
|Picnic tables:||No Day Use Fee|
|Parking:||No Day Use Fee|
Alerts & Warnings
- ORDER NO. 06-21-00-21-14 Public Use Restriction Stage 1
- ORDER NO. 06-21-00-21-02 Food Storage Order
- Trail update 7-20-2020
- ORDER NO. 06-00-00-20-02 Alcohol and Drug Prohibitions
- ORDER NO. 06-00-00-20-03 Explosives and Exploding Targets Prohibition
- Colville National Forest continues to restore access to closed areas
- Trout Lake trailhead
- ORDER NO. 17-21-01 Mill Pond Closure