Columbia Mountain Loop Trail #24
Parking is available at the Kettle Crest Trailhead. Access to the Columbia Mountain trail via Kettle Crest #13 North is 2.2 miles one way. From the junction there is a loop trail, 2.4. miles, that encircles Columbia Mountain. An optional, .3 miles spur trail takes you to the top of Columbia Mountain. Columbia Mountain Lookout is located at the top of the spur and was restored in 2009 and 2010. The historic Columbia Mountain Lookout site consists of a small day-use cabin. Wildlife, wildflowers, and scenic views along this trail.
At a Glance
|Area Amenities:||Drinking water|
|Closest Towns:||Republic, WA|
|Information Center:||Trail Map provided by NEWashingtontrails.com|
From Kettle Crest Trailhead (area is unavailable), travel north on Kettle Crest (North) National Recreation Trail #13 for 2 miles to junction of Columbia Mountain Loop Trail #24.
Latitude 48.623253 Longitude -118.494607
Map showing recreational areas. Map Information
- This loop makes a popular Mountain Biking route.
- This loop makes a popular hiking route.
|Drinking water:||Not available. Surface water should be treated.|
Alerts & Warnings
- ORDER NO. 06-21-00-21-14 Public Use Restriction Stage 1
- ORDER NO. 06-21-00-21-02 Food Storage Order
- Trail update 7-20-2020
- ORDER NO. 06-00-00-20-02 Alcohol and Drug Prohibitions
- ORDER NO. 06-00-00-20-03 Explosives and Exploding Targets Prohibition
- Colville National Forest continues to restore access to closed areas
- Trout Lake trailhead