This moderate 1.6 mile one way access to Kettle Crest (North) National Recreation Trail #13 provides spectacular views of the valley. On a clear day the Cascade Mountains are visible to the west. The first 0.5 mile follows an old road.
At a Glance
|Closest Towns:||24 miles from Republic, WA|
|Information Center:||Trail Map provided by NEWashingtontrails.com|
Use Leona Trailhead
- USGS Map: Mt. Leona
Map showing recreational areas. Map Information
- The first 0.5 mile of this trail follows an old road, then becomes a trail along a ridge leading to the Kettle Crest.
Alerts & Warnings
- Flume Creek Closure Order: 06-21-35-23-08
- Prescribed Burn Notice
- 06-21-00-21-02: Food Storage Order
- TERMINATION of Salmo Basin Fire Closure: 06-21-35-23-04
- TERMINATION of Public Use Restrictions: 06-21-09-23-06
- TERMINATION of Crater Creek Fire Closure: 06-21-09-23-07
- TERMINATION of Closure Order: 06-21-12-23-01 Nancy Creek Road Washout Closure