Grassy Top Trail #503
From Pass Creek Pass the trail follows the ridgeline to Grassy Top Mountain. Trail winds through subalpine fir and small open meadows.
From the North Fork Harvey Creek the trail follows an old roadbed for 75% of the route. Steady uphill grades mixed with steep grades through dense conifer stands.
To go from one trailhead to the other is a difficult 7.8 mile one way.
At a Glance
|Closest Towns:||Metaline Falls, WA|
|Information Center:||Trail Map provided by NEWashingtontrails.com|
- USGS Map: Pass Creek
Map showing recreational areas. Map Information
- Great ridgeline hike from Pass Creek Pass.
- Combine with Hall Mountain / Grassy Top Trail #533, Hall Mountain Trail #540, and Noisy Creek Trail #588 for overnight trips.
- Variety of wildlife ranging from common whitetail deer to endangered woodland caribou and threatened grizzly bear.
- Other species of interest are bighorn sheep, moose, elk, mountain lion, black bear, gray wolf, bald eagle and other bird species.
- Alpine plants, shrubs, and trees.
- Spectacular views of surrounding peaks in the Selkirk Mountains.
Alerts & Warnings
- ORDER NO. 06-21-00-21-14 Public Use Restriction Stage 1
- ORDER NO. 06-21-00-21-02 Food Storage Order
- Trail update 7-20-2020
- ORDER NO. 06-00-00-20-02 Alcohol and Drug Prohibitions
- ORDER NO. 06-00-00-20-03 Explosives and Exploding Targets Prohibition
- Colville National Forest continues to restore access to closed areas
- Trout Lake trailhead