Hall Mountain Trail #540
This moderate 2.5 mile one way trail climbs accesses Hall Mountain which provides spectacular views. Remnants of the lookout are found on the summit. Trailhead is only accessible July 1 through August 15. Provides access to Noisy Creek Trail #588, Hall Mountain-Grassy Top Trail #533, and Grassy Top Trail #503.
At a Glance
|Open Season:||July 1 - August 15|
|Closest Towns:||Metaline Falls, WA|
|Information Center:||Trail Map provided by NEWashingtontrails.com|
From the junction of the Sullivan Lake Road (County Road 9345) and Forest Road 22 (Sullivan Creek) follow Road 22 for 3.1 miles to the junction of Forest Road 2200500 (Johns Creek). Turn right onto 2200500 and follow it for 7 miles to the trailhead.
From Metaline Falls, WA; Head northeast on Grandview St toward International Selkirk Loop N/Lehigh Ave for 49 feet. Turn right onto WA-31 N/International Selkirk Loop N/Lehigh Ave for 2.1 miles. Turn right onto Sullivan Lake Rd for 4.8 miles. Turn left onto NF-22/Sullivan Creek Rd for 3.2 miles. Turn right onto NF-500 for 3.2 miles. Turn right at NF-400 for 4.6 miles. Destination will be on the right.
- NOTE: Motorized access to the trailhead is limited to July 1 to August 15.
Latitude 48.800349 Longitude -117.230554
- USGS Map: Pass Creek
Map showing recreational areas. Map Information
- Many riders combine this ride with Hall Mountain / Grassy Top Trail #533 and Noisy Creek Trail #588.
- Scenic views of surrounding mountain peaks.
- Combine with Hall Mountain / Grassy Top Trail #533, Hall Mountain Trail #540, and Noisy Creek Trail #588 for overnight trips.
- Variety of wildlife ranging from common whitetail deer to endangered woodland caribou and threatened grizzly bear.
- Other species of interest are bighorn sheep, moose, elk, mountain lion, black bear, gray wolf, bald eagle and other bird species.
- Alpine plants, shrubs, trees.
- Spectacular views of surrounding peaks in the Selkirk Mountains.
|Parking:||Small parking area|
Alerts & Warnings
- ORDER NO. 06-21-00-21-14 Public Use Restriction Stage 1
- ORDER NO. 06-21-00-21-02 Food Storage Order
- Trail update 7-20-2020
- ORDER NO. 06-00-00-20-02 Alcohol and Drug Prohibitions
- ORDER NO. 06-00-00-20-03 Explosives and Exploding Targets Prohibition
- Colville National Forest continues to restore access to closed areas
- Trout Lake trailhead