Noisy Creek Trail #588
This 5.3 miles one way challenging trail with moderate and steep grades that winds through dense conifer forest, and it crosses Noisy Creek. An old cabin is located along the trail, just past creek crossing. This area is closed to motorized use. Noisy Creek Trail #588 goes uphill and connects with Grassy Top Trail #503 and Hall Mountain Trail #540.
At a Glance
|Area Amenities:||Toilets,Drinking water,Parking|
|Closest Towns:||Ione, WA|
|Information Center:||Trail Map provided by NEWashingtontrails.com|
From the junction of State Highway 20, follow State Highway 31 north for 3 miles to the junction of the Sullivan Lake Road (County Road 9345). Follow Sullivan Lake Road for 8.2 miles to the Noisy Creek Campground entrance which lies on the south end of Sullivan Lake. Trailhead is located inside campground. Follow signs.
Latitude 48.788088 Longitude -117.281618
- USGS Map: Metaline Falls
Map showing recreational areas. Map Information
- Very challenging ride. Many riders combine this ride with the Grassy Top-Hall Trail #533 & Hall Mountain Trail #540.
- Scenic views of surrounding mountain peaks.
- Combine with the Hall Mountain Trail #540 and the Grassy Top-Hall Trail #533 for overnight trips.
- Variety of wildlife ranging from common whitetail deer to endangered woodland caribou and threatened grizzly bear. Other species of interest are bighorn sheep moose, elk, mountain lion, black bear, gray wolf, bald eagle and other bird species.
- Mixed conifer forest.
|Toilets:||Vault available at the Campground|
|Parking:||No Day Use Fee|
|Drinking water:||Available at the Campground|
Alerts & Warnings
- ORDER NO. 06-21-00-21-14 Public Use Restriction Stage 1
- ORDER NO. 06-21-00-21-02 Food Storage Order
- Trail update 7-20-2020
- ORDER NO. 06-00-00-20-02 Alcohol and Drug Prohibitions
- ORDER NO. 06-00-00-20-03 Explosives and Exploding Targets Prohibition
- Colville National Forest continues to restore access to closed areas
- Trout Lake trailhead