Deer Creek Summit North Trailhead / Sno-Park
Deer Creek Summit North TrailHead/Sno-Park is a wide gravel turnout just off the Summit of Boulder Deer County Highway # 602. This is a large parking lot that can accommodate any size vehicle.
In the winter season, Deer Creek offers 12 miles of groomed cross-country ski trails available for both nordic and skate skiers to enjoy. Tracks from wildlife such as moose and snowshoe hairs can often be seen on the trail as they take advantage of easy traveling on the packed snow. For a quick meal or resupply of grocery's, the small town of Curlew is just a short 10 minute drive west over the summit.
Provides access to:
- Deer Creek Summit South Trailhead / Sno-Park is located across the highway.
- Kettle Crest (North) National Recreation Trail #13 (part of the Pacific Northwest National Scenic Trail)
- Deer Creek Summit South Loop Trail #43
At a Glance
|Area Amenities:||Fee charged for some activities, Toilets, Parking|
|Permit Info:||Washington State Sno-Park Permit is required from December 1 through March 31|
|Open Season:||Dec 1 - March 31|
|Closest Towns:||Curlew, WA and Kettle Falls, WA|
|Operated By:||Washington State Parks|
|Information Center:||Trail map provided by Washington State Parks|
From Republic, WA: Take highway 21 north 22 miles to Curlew. Turn right on county road 602 (Deer Creek Highway) for 10 miles. The trailhead / sno-park will be on your left at the summit of the highway.
Latitude 48.864687 Longitude -118.397034
Map showing recreational areas. Map Information
XC Skiing/SnowshoeingRecreation areas with activity XC Skiing/Snowshoeing:
|Fee charged for some activities:||Sno-Park Permit required Dec 1 to March 31|
|Parking:||Sno-Park Permit required Dec 1 to March 31|
Alerts & Warnings
- Flume Creek Closure Order: 06-21-35-23-08
- Prescribed Burn Notice
- 06-21-00-21-02: Food Storage Order
- TERMINATION of Salmo Basin Fire Closure: 06-21-35-23-04
- TERMINATION of Public Use Restrictions: 06-21-09-23-06
- TERMINATION of Crater Creek Fire Closure: 06-21-09-23-07
- TERMINATION of Closure Order: 06-21-12-23-01 Nancy Creek Road Washout Closure