Panoramic views of the Chattahoochee National Forest await those willing to take a brief uphill hike to a rustic stone platform built by the Forest Service in the 1960's. Don't forget your camera for this and other scenic vistas available along Georgia highway 52 between Chatsworth and Ellijay, GA.
At a Glance
|Open Season:||Open year-round|
|Restrictions:||Approximately 10 parking spaces. No water or restrooms.|
|Closest Towns:||Cohutta Overlook is located on Georgia highway 52 about halfway between Chatsworth to the west and Ellijay to the east.|
|Information Center:||Please contact the Conasauga Ranger District at 706-695-6736 for more information.|
Section 16 of the Georgia Pinhoti Trail begins 800 feet west of the exit road for Cohutta Overlook---a hike of 9.6 miles.
Walk-up scenic overlook provides excellent photography opportunities of breathtaking forested mountain views.
Alerts & Warnings
- Before riding your UTV, Educate Yourself!
- Town Creek OHV Closed
- Flatlands Road (FSR 256 and FSR 637) Closed
- Lake Conasauga Reservation Only
- Recreation passes available online, by phone and in-person
- Road Closures on the Chattooga River Ranger District
- Coleman River Rd (FSR #54) Closure
- CAUTION Waterfall Dangers
- CALL BEFORE YOU HAUL - ATV and OHV
- Panther Creek Trail Temporary Hiker Restrictions
- Don't Move Firewood!