Track Rock Gap Petroglyph Site
Visit this special site where the people of long ago carved their stories into the boulders of Track Rock.
At a Glance
|Operational Hours:||Sunrise to sunset.|
|Fees:||No fees are required.|
|Open Season:||Open year round.|
|Water:||No drinking water is available.|
|Restroom:||There are no restrooms on site.|
From Blairsville, GA
- From the square in downtown Blairsville, go south 2.8 miles toward Cleveand, GA on GA-11 S/US-129 S/US-19 S/Cleveland St.
- Turn left at Town Creek School Rd. and go 1.0 mile.
- Turn left at Trackrock Gap Rd. and go 3.8 miles.
- The Track Rock Gap Parking Lot will be on the left.
Free parking is available in the small parking lot that can accommodate 5 or 6 vehicles.
Map showing recreational areas. Map Information
Take the short trail from the parking lot and go back in time as you visit these rare petroglyphs (rock carvings). Interpretive signs explain what we know about them and why they are there.
Alerts & Warnings
- Hitchiti Trail temporarily closed
- Black Gap Shelter temporarily closed
- Toddery Pole Rd/FS Road 86
- Lake Conasauga Reservation Only
- Recreation passes available online, by phone and in-person
- Road Closures on the Chattooga River Ranger District
- Coleman River Rd (FSR #54) Closure
- CAUTION Waterfall Dangers
- CALL BEFORE YOU HAUL - ATV and OHV
- Panther Creek Trail Temporary Hiker Restrictions
- Don't Move Firewood!