Helton Creek Falls
The Helton Creek Falls Trail is an easy 0.2 mile hike. Please be advised there are many abrupt changes in grade along this short walk. Please stay on the trail and observation deck.
At a Glance
|Open Season:||Open all year|
|Information Center:||Blue Ridge Ranger District
From Blairsville, GA take US 19/129 south for 11 miles. Turn left on Helton Creek Road just past the entrance to Vogel State Park. Go 2.2 miles to a small pullout parking area. Trailhead will be on right.
Map showing recreational areas. Map Information
As you begin down the Helton Creek Trail and make your way into the forest, the sound of the lower falls filters through the trees. The lower falls are about 40 feet long as the water flows over a rock outcrop. As you continue along the trail, you'll soon arrive at the observation deck and the main attraction, the upper falls. These falls seem to come right out of the forest as they cascade about 50 feet into the pool below.
As always, please stay on the trail to protect the surrounding plant life and the soil. Never attempt to climb on rocks around these waterfalls. They are often slippery. One wrong step could lead to disastrous results.
Alerts & Warnings
- Before riding your UTV, Educate Yourself!
- Town Creek OHV Closed
- Flatlands Road (FSR 256 and FSR 637) Closed
- Lake Conasauga Reservation Only
- Recreation passes available online, by phone and in-person
- Road Closures on the Chattooga River Ranger District
- Coleman River Rd (FSR #54) Closure
- CAUTION Waterfall Dangers
- CALL BEFORE YOU HAUL - ATV and OHV
- Panther Creek Trail Temporary Hiker Restrictions
- Don't Move Firewood!